PWNT is unique in its formation and mission to make the utility’s more than 98 years of experience (formerly part of the drinking water utility PWN) and innovations in water treatment available worldwide. Our extensive R&D programmes have led to the development of efficient and sustainable solutions in water treatment based on suspended ion exchange, ceramic membrane applications and advanced oxidation, and these applications can be used for a wide variety of water sources.
Since 2022 PWNT is part of Nijhuis Saur Industries (NSI). NSI delivers an extensive portfolio of innovative technologies, game-changing solutions and added-value services to protect water resources. With our unique Customer for Life approach, we help industries, utilities, and cities to comply with ‘reduce, remove, reuse and recover’, closing the water loop.
All PWNT solutions offer lower life cycle costs, greater efficiency and a much lower environmental impact. We work closely with our clients to create optimal results and strongly believe in partnering with universities and globally-respected companies. PWNT is located in the Netherlands.
Since PWNT is growing in their project portfolio we feel the urgency to expand our team with a Mechanical Engineer. The Mechanical Engineer is a full-time position in our Project Engineering and Development group, located in Amsterdam (minimum 2 days/week) with a focus on the PWNT owned technologies SIX®, ILCA® & CeraMac®.
PWNT is always looking for new and potential solutions for clients and to extend portfolio PWNT. As a result all engineering phases will be done from sketch, to concept, to protype for validation and finally from small scale application to a full-scale delivery. PWNT has a large R&D centre in Andijk where RD performs investigations for client to solutions in future, new and realized drinking water applications and installations, while Engineering department validate and perform validation and long-term tests for their technical solutions. Projects supports clients to develop their plant solutions and realize that required installations will be made and installed.
- Engineer mechanical design for our clients.
- Maintain standards for mechanical design.
- QAQC of suppliers (abroad)
- Making specifications, requisitions, installation manuals, operating instructions and maintenance manuals
- Work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Education: Bachelor/ Master degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Language skills: Fluency in English; good knowledge of the Dutch language would be beneficial.
- Drafting skills in 2D and 3D (Autodesk will be a pre).
- 3+ work experience as Mechanical Engineer
- Adaptable to changing work demands (i.e. flexible in work assignments).
- Knowledge and experience in water treatment is a pre.
- Willingness to travel abroad.
- Experienced in 3D & 2D modelling & drafting (preferably in Autodesk).
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply, even if you don’t meet all of the preferred qualifications listed above. We believe that diversity and inclusion are key to our success, and we welcome candidates who bring a variety of skills and experiences to our team.”
- A great international working environment with many challenges and
- Excellent working conditions with extensive opportunities for training and development.
- A competitive salary.25 days of holiday for fulltime employment and the option to purchase additional holiday days.
- A pension with ABP of which approximately 70% of the premium is paid by PWNT.
- Flexible working times.
- Above all, you will be part of a pleasant and challenging working environment with committed colleagues and room for initiatives and development.
- Would you like more information about our organization? Please check out our site: pwnt.com
Are you interested and do you want more information about this vacancy, contact Rick Bakker at email@example.com.
To apply, send a motivation letter and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your application!
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.